Every year as the weather gets warmer and warmer, you see the same blogs popping up with a Summer necessities list. And every year it’s the same thing: swimsuits, sunglasses, floppy hats, sunscreen (sunscreen is an all year essential so do your skin a favor and wear it daily!!!), etc.
I’ve curated a list of 10 not-so-ordinary savior products for summer that will save you time, headaches, and even some money! I use every single product on this list (sometimes daily) and highly recommend each one.
So, here we go:
- Bissel Spot Clean ProHeat- This is a necessity for kids who like to watch their popsicles melt, pets who track in mud, husbands who are prone to spilling, and literally ANYTHING that gets a stain on the carpet. This little miracle can clean a small (not so small) mess in as little as ten minutes. It is a major bargain considering how much it costs to rent those dingy machines from the grocery store! I tell everyone that this is the best purchase I have ever made.
- Portable Car Diffuser- Picture this if you will… It’s a hot summer day and you and your little one(s) are getting into the car and when you open the door *BOOM* a wave of air hotter than the Sahara! You turn on the air but it takes a while for it to cool down. And what is bound to happen when your drive around in a hot car? Yup, car sickness. Luckily this baby can crank out nausea reducing peppermint oil faster than your kid can say, “I think I’m going to be sick”. And it works for any essential oil so that you can soak up all of the best scents so you never have to deal with the nasty “outside smell” again.
- XL Striped Beach Towel- I know what you’re thinking... a beach towel is one every “summer essentials” list! But, I HAD to add this towel because it’s that good. It is super soft yet durable and large enough to cover your entire chair without slipping. And the fringe accents and luxe look will have you thinking about a pool boy bringing drinks to your private cabana instead of realizing you are actually at the community pool.
- Tassel Earrings- I know you are already thinking about all of the chic, flowy outfits you will be draped in all summer long, but guess what you will really be wearing daily? Jean shorts and a tee shirt. It will be too hot to even think about dressing cute and putting on a full face of makeup that will melt off as soon as you go outside. Tassel earrings are perfect for spicing up a short and tee shirt combo with minimal effort! People will honestly think that you were made for summer chic.
- Drive Bin Car Garbage Can- Summer = More Trips = More Trash in your car. I saw this gadget on Shark Tank and thought it was GENIUS! It straps on to the seatback of your car and is collapsible so you can have it out only when you need it. It is not limited to just the car so you can take it on a picnic without having to be a litterbug. (it’s 2019 people, start saving the planet!) The best part is that is leakproof and insulated so it can double as a cooler! So now you can stop hoarding your trash in the side panel of the car and actually have a place for trash.
- Dainty Anklets- This is a piggy-back off of the Tassel Earrings idea. You know you will be LIVING in your trusty old flip flops so dress them up with a stylish anklet. Anklets are back people and they are not going anywhere!!!
- Compact Portable Charging Bank- If you have a cell phone, you need a portable charger. No if, ands, or buts about it. We have all been in the situation at Disney World where our phone is on 10% after taking a million pictures in front of the castle. Then you have to find an outlet God knows where and sit while your family is complaining because they'd rather be standing in line for Pirates of the Caribbean. I have had the same charging bank since Spring Break ’13. I almost didn’t survive that trip, but my charger did and for that I am eternally grateful.
- Dress Down Weights- If you are like me, you are always paranoid going out in the elements in a dress. Why? Because every time an outfit includes a dress, there is always some rogue gust of wind that shows your skivvies to the entire world. This product attaches to the inside hem of any dress and the weight keeps your dress down, and your dignity protected. And the best part- they are reusable!
- Prepworks by Progressive Over the Sink Cutting Board- With all of the summer fruits and vegetables coming into season, you will need the best-of-the-best cutting board. The most practical kitchen essential is a 3-in-one over the sink cutting board with a built-in colander. This baby fits directly over the sink so you can chop and wash your food with one appliance. If you have to peel your snacks, just scrape all of your skins directly into the colander! Easy-peezy!
- Groupon Account- And finally, a Groupon account. If you do not have one of these already, you are missing out on saving some serious money! Over the summer your little nuggets will be cooped up in the house and BEGGING to go “do something”. Groupon has major discounts on things to do in your area, restaurants, products, spas, and so much more. And the best part is that it is free for 3 months!